do you teach your children about spiritual warfare elementary style?

You know how it is your kid is scared about something he/she saw and now they cant go to sleep, do you train them how to pray and rebuke things?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My kids haven't had that problem. I don't believe in "spiritual warfare" either.

CharleneS.

Answer by CharleneS. at 3:22 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• No. My kids know how to pray and we sometimes pray together but that is it.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:01 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Um no... dreams are a normal, natural function and if they have a bad one, I will sit and talk about it with them until they are calm. We've also had paranormal experiencesand since I don't view those as 'evil', I educate my children about those also being a natural occurrenceand nothing to fear. Why teach your child to be afraid and bring them up surrounded by superstitious nonsense?

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:02 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• for once, i agree with ihartu on this, sort of. we've taught our ds to pray to be thankful for blessings and for protection..'spiritual warfare' for a child? i don't believe it..they are too young, too innocent to even regognize battling demons. besides, we've told him God will always protect him..and that there are no monsters in the closet, a bad dream is just a bad dream. nothing more, nothing less.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:08 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• They know how why and when to pray. I teach them verses of Scripture that speak of the Lord's protection. I teach them to use the "weapons in the arsenal" for real threats, like bullies.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:12 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• NO! My children have never had issues like that, and if they did they know better ways to deal... That just sounds odd!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:55 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• The truth has generally worked for my children. And I think it is working for my grandchildren. Children are not mentally advanced enough to go to war with any of the spirits that I know of--but their guardians ARE.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:31 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• No way no how. I believe in God that is my choice. I will not TRAIN my kids to follow my choice. That is brain washing. My kids will learn a bout all religions when they are old enough to understand and they will get to make their own choice on this personal decision. I just tell them that daddy will beat the bads things up and he puts on a show of him beat the bads things and throwing them in the dumpster. It works and me kid now tell any thing that scares her they have no power biggest her daddy is tougher and meaner than them.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:17 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Never! The thought of doing that is scarier than anything else. I would think that would make them more fearful. I tell them the truth about bad dreams, or about something bad they saw that scared them, and then I let them snuggle with me in bed and sleep with me for the night if they want to. I have no desire to "train" them in any kid of warfare, not even spiritual.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• guess i am different because i do---not through explaining about demons, or indepth per se---but my son does say i command all bad things gone from me......... which could mean anything to a child---but i tell him when he feels scared, bad, ect then to say that prayer---as long as it works for him, which it does---again i don't go into specifics so it doesn't scare him but comforts him
    jdmyangel

Answer by jdmyangel at 5:44 PM on Jul. 25, 2010