What would you do if your 12 year old was raped & became pregnant?

The court says she must have the child. No abortion allowed.

zoolady12

Asked by zoolady12 at 3:26 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Good point MDT09, I didn't consider that she might be too far along for an abortion. I guess adoption would be the next best thing. That's hard though. It would be awful to watch your 12y/o go through labor for a pregnancy that resulted from such a traumatic and intrusive experience. Zoolady, if you're advising the mom, I would say whatever the outcome (adoption, abortion, or keeping the baby) the mother should get her dd into counseling. Dealing with the rape in addition to pregnancy hormones can't be easy.
    Miss_cecilia

Answer by Miss_cecilia at 3:31 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I have a friend that was raped at 14 and ended up preggo and today her DD is 9 yrs old and there is a closiness between them that is just nothing I have ever seen with a mother daughter relationship. I would keep the child and see a professional to get though the rough patchesand myself and the child would be okay. You just need to have faith.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:32 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• i would def keep it! are u the mom? will u help out??
    christina10140

Answer by christina10140 at 3:46 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I think it would depend on the situation. Who raped the child? Stranger or family? What court ruled out abortion? I would take my dd out of state if some court ruled against abortion. Normally, I don't condone it, but for a 12yr old rape victim? It would be the only option in my eyes if I had a dd.
    Miss_cecilia

Answer by Miss_cecilia at 4:21 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• WOW!!! What a f*&^ed up situation!!!!! Poor girl! One of the 1st things I'd do is press charges against the man who raped my daughter (hubby would have to talk me out of killing him...hmm I'd have to talk hubby out of killing him so I'm not sure how that would work.....) I'd take her out of state & get her an abortion. CPS is going to come in & remove the baby anyways, not like anybody in the family will have a chance to take over & help. I'd get my 12 yr old into counseling immediately! Poor girl, this is going to affect her for the rest of her life no matter what the outcome! Some men should just be shot! How dare he ruin her life!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:12 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• What court ruled that she must have the child? How is that even possible? I honestly would let my child decide and if she (if I had a daughter) decided she wanted an abortion you better believe I would find a way. Even if it meant going to another state. In the meantime there would be therapy.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:59 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Put the baby up for adoption. There are so many loving people out there waiting to be parents. Get help about this at her doctor's.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• it's neither the girl nor the baby's fault, it's so sad,,
    mommy_sam

Answer by mommy_sam at 3:59 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Its so sad my heart goes out to the people involved. #1 its not the girls fault no matter what, no girl wants her first time to be via rape and she never asked for that, and #1 (yes two #1=equally important) that unborn baby has no fault and even though she is preggo and 12 that is a baby in her womb and certainly God allowed this for a reason greater that we could understand.
    cynthiaesquivel

Answer by cynthiaesquivel at 4:32 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• WOW! I think adoption would be the best option, if abortion was out of the question... which I don't I understand... maybe she's too far along?
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 10:42 AM on Jul. 25, 2010