i am five months pregnant and not working i feel bad for not working is it bad to work at five months

mommyowens

Asked by mommyowens at 3:06 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No and yes. You can't lift anything over 20lbs and it is hard to be on your feet for 8+hours. I also found out that it is very hard to find a employer that will hire a woman who is that far along even though it is illegal and they are not suppose to do that. When I left my ex husband I was 6 months pregnant and no one would hire me cause they said they either was not hiring at that moment or some other bull but it was funny right after I had my son they started calling saying if I wanted the job it was open. So just be careful.
    lelandsmom6707

Answer by lelandsmom6707 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• You probably wont get hired any where. I wasnt working after i was 3 months.... and i am still blessed with being a sahm &hearts i couldnt imagine going to work now. I still feel bad about not brining in any extra income, but my sweet hubby always tells me that i have the most important job in the world... taking care of our son.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:30 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Chances are if you try to find a job, you won't get hired. I'm not working right now and I've not been since about my 3rd month or so. And yes it makes me feel horrible because my husband is the only one bringing in our income. Granted we live with my parents and don't have to pay rent or anything like that. It still makes me feel bad because that isn't the way I was raised. We are wanting to get the majority of our bills paid off before the baby comes.. But its hard to do when we only have one income to work off of. But I am taking classes for something to be a sahm.
    Poopie08

Answer by Poopie08 at 3:46 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• It is not bad to work at 5 months, I worked jobs with both mine till 9 months!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:08 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• they say u can work up to like 38 weeks as long as u dont have a reason not to. my husband and i moved out of state when i was 6 weeks pregnant, and i didnt get a job right away. now i 7 months and i cant get a job anywhere. this way i have plenty plenty of time to get ready for the baby and i get plenty of rest, which is good for the baby.
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 6:59 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• i worked until the day i delivered with no complications at all. but i wasn't doing any lifting, etc.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 11:38 PM on May. 16, 2009