Beer brots...

My husband cooks the best brots but I just found out that he uses the beer brots, I'm pregnant and don't want to consume alcohol. He says that the liquor effect dies when you cook it, is it ok to eat them still or should I pass because of the effect it may have from the alcohol?

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 7:11 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• No, they will not be harmful to you at all.
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 9:16 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• It is a myth that in general all of the alcohol in a food cooks away. More and more cooks away the longer the dish cooks. You are probably fine with the beer brats but I wouldn't take the chance.

Answer by Bmat at 7:14 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• At least not because of the beer, lol!
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 9:17 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Are they similar to hot dogs? I would pass on it if I were you. I've heard that you are not supposed to eat hot dogs while pregnant.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 7:14 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• i dont think much beer actually gets into the brats. When I cook them I put two cans of beer in the crock pot and place the brats in and cook for a couple hours, then grill them. I never reallytaste the beer so I dunno hmm..
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:31 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• it is very little alcohol and it cooks out anyways! LOL you're over reacting!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:09 AM on Jul. 25, 2010