Hey everyone! My name is Amanda. I am 24 years old and the mother of 2 children Brendon 4 and Kaelyn 2. I am happy and content with my life right now and didn't want anything to change, but I just took a pregnancy test about 5 minutes ago and it was POSITIVE and now I am very anxious and scared. I never imagined myself with 3 children because I thought two was plenty. Any advice from mothers with more than two children?

happymommy284

Asked by happymommy284 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• When I had my first and was pregnant with #2 I thought "How will I possibly have enough love and time and energy for another baby?" but I did. When I was pregnant with the twins I thought "How can I possibly handle two more kids on top of the two I already have?" but I do. You will be fine and happy and so will all three of your kids! Congratulations!!
    VAMommyX4

Answer by VAMommyX4 at 3:37 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I have three and some times its hard but if you can get them in a routine it makes it alot easier.
    GFXMommy

Answer by GFXMommy at 3:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Don't get worked up over the small stuff... Pick your battles..... Don't forget to enjoy them!!
    You always have enough love, so don't worry about that. And face it, your house will probably always be a mess. Before I'm done cleaning the kitchen there is a new spill or mess. I'm used to it. I'm over it! lol Its actually a lot of fun if you let it be!
    Congrats!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 4:07 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I am pregnant with my third...even though this is a planned pregnancy . I still had those thoughts can I handle it, how will I get them all in and out of the car, who's going to want to babysit 3! etc. I think those feelings are normal : )
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 4:16 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Ditto what Litstargazer said.. We planned our number three and are pregnant right now. I still have days and I think "What were were thinking!?! Three? I don't even know if TWO was a good idea" But then, you have days when your kids make you feel like your heart will burst and this third person is needed to complete your family. It's perfectly okay and normal to feel both sides of this -- and feeling scared, regret, remorse -- is all normal. You'll still be an awesome Mom. Once he/she is here you won't be able to imagine life without him or her.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 4:40 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I totally understand how you feel..I have 3 children and I am pregnant with twins now and I was going through it at first cause I was thinking 3 is too many and to have 5.. that is gonna be too much. I get tired of fuusing cleaning and being tired all the time and to have 2 more coming will be a lot more mess and headache cause it can be very hard. I know that I have a lot of love but now I am gonna need a bigger house and more help. It's a struggle with the ones I have now and everybody is so excited for these two to come
    phatcakes25

Answer by phatcakes25 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Just breathe! Try not to think about it for a couple of weeks until your terror subsides, that's what I did and now I'm so very happy I have my daughter! I couldn't imagine life without her. Good luck!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 3:44 AM on Oct. 3, 2008