can someone explain this to me?

ok so my bil lied to his gf. This bil. Has a history of lying and cheating to other gfs. He told her he was busy all day Friday and couldn't talk to her. He told her he was sleeping when she called him that night. I told her that he was online with the xbox about noon Friday cuz he talked to my son, I didn't know what he had told her. The gf then told me tht my bil had told her he was busy all day. I told her he was bragging bout how drunk he was Friday night. This time I did know that he had told her when she called him at five he was sleeping. I didn't know what time he had started drinking though. So she got pissed at him and they got into a huge fight, almost breakking up. Now everyone is mad at me cuz I " sold him out". How is it right that he lied to his gf, I did call him, I guess, and everyone is mad at me? If he hadn't lied to her there wouldn't have been an issue. How is it my fault?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I agree with the pps. I think I would just say something along the lines of "I didn't rat him out. She asked me a question, I answered it. I didn't know you were lying to her. So, I'll tell you what - from now on, whenever your name comes up, I'll tell people that since you don't always like people to know the truth, and I don't know who's on his truth list, I'm going to plead the 5th. YOU can explain to them whether you're lying to them or not..."

Or, you could just tell him flat out that you're sorry that what you said got him in trouble, but that it's not your job to keep track of who he's choosing to tell the truth to and who he isn't. So maybe it would be best if he just doesn't bother to come around you or yours if he isn't going to be honest with people, or at the very least, give you the courtesy of knowing when he's hiding from his woman..." (and yes, I would use the word HIDING - to imply coward...)

gl
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:09 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• My response to everybody would be: Well if he's gonna continue to lie to her maybe he should inform all of us what his lies are so he doesn't get caught! Actually my response would be: I'm glad he got caught lying, its not my responsibility to check w/ him to see what I can & can't tell her before I talk to her every time! If he doesn't want to be in trouble then he should start telling the truth!
    Hang in there, not your fault, tell ppl to shut up!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:52 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• ah... the old can't take responsibility for my actions so i lie and blame others when i get in trouble game. whatever. just be above it. you did nothing wrong, you don't need to defend yourself. he obviously wasn't interested in having a real relationship with the girl, so what's everyone pissed about? you inadvertently did them both a favor.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:15 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• This is kinda funny... not that they are mad at you, and you probably feel bad about that. But how he got caught. And that he's such a schmuck that he thinks everyone can read his mind and know what lie he will tell, and when, so he can stay out of trouble. It's laughable. And it's laughable that everyone around him expects you to lie for him, too! They enable him to be a lying schmuck. I think I'd take them being mad, and laugh at it. It's absolutely ridiculous. It really is. He's acting like a 2 year old, and they must all really enjoy wiping his snotty nose.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• It's not your fault. I'd be pissed that everyone is blaming you for him lying to his gf. Don't feel bad cuz none of it wouldve happened if he didn't lie to her.
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 7:43 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• It is not ur fault u were telling the truth and thats wht u should anyway.
    annabellerose22

Answer by annabellerose22 at 8:48 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• He is the one to blame, not you

Answer by admckenzie at 12:12 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Its not your fault!!!!!
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 7:07 PM on Jul. 25, 2010