Toddler bed/crib rant & ?

My dd's crib was recalled bc the metal slats that hold the mattress bend & fold the mattress around the kid like a taco, smothering them to death so we returned it. We were gonna get her a toddler bed, she's 15 mo now & was crawling out of her crib, ordered it online only to get a response couple of days later that its out of stock so the cancelled my order. Went back online, found another bed (was told I could get 10% off bc of cancelled order but had to do it by phone) called it in & am told I have to use a credit card to secure the order & prove I'm over 18 (was paying by gift card-original return). I don't have one so they wouldn't place the order. It occured to me that girls under 18 have kids but yet they can't use a gift card to shop online? This seems a little funny to me. So 2 ?'s should I just say f it on the toddler bed? We have another day bed she'll be going into when she out grows her toddler matt. cont

Nyx7

Asked by Nyx7 at 8:00 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would say screw getting a toddler bed. with our oldest, he went from crib - toddler bed - race car bed - regular single in about two years, with our daughter seven years later she went from crib - single bed. We just pushed her bed against the wall and got a travel rail at Kmart (it's folded plastic that you slip one side under the mattress and the other end stays up to keep them from rolling off). she slept much better in a regular bed then our son did in all four of his beds.
    As for age restrictions, our 14 YO son had a checking account with a debit card, he bought stuff online all the time using his Visa debit and nobody every questioned him, although I'm pretty sure he lied about his age if they asked :-)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:13 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• turn the day bed up against the wall so the wall makes up one side of the bed and the rails of the bed make up the other side and call it good, and you know what honey, if a store doesn't won't accept your gift card as payment i strongly advise you to sell your gift card on ebay and take your business elsewhere. Retailers should feel priveledged to have us as customers if they don't treat you as such find one who will. You want some hints on selling you gift cards for maximum profits give me a shout. I often sell gift cards I get for stores I don't shop at and use the cash at stores i do.
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 8:18 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• & 2 should mom's under 18 not be able to shop online using a gift card for payment?
    Nyx7

Comment by Nyx7 (original poster) at 8:01 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• yeah, the prepaid gift cards have gotten a lot strickter as far as store policies on accepting them.

solution - get a paypal account, order the debit card for it, load paypal account with $ using the greendot cards bought at most stores. That's what I do. I'm over 18 LOL but don't have an actual bank account.

as for your hassle with the shopping, just go to a real store and buy the bed there. the gift card credit cards work just fine at real stores too.

although, you can use the day bed too, no real need for a toddler bed. If it's too high, get her some steps to go up to it. They sell safety rails that you can attach to any regular bed so the kid can't roll out of it at night.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:06 AM on Jul. 25, 2010