what kinda toys for a almost 2 month old?

ive been told i need to get my DD some toys to help her development. but what kinda toys are suitable for a 2 month old?
what toys did your kids like and not like?

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 8:00 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Who the heck told you that your 2 month old needs toys? Totally not true. You could hold up a colorful dish rash and move it from left to right just to make sure she is following it with her eyes. You can play music for her to see how she responds. You can put her on her belly and and lay infront of her talking and encouraging movement. Don't let anyone tell you things like that. Alot of people these days are very comfortable with the whole "Here, play with this and be happy" scenario. But really, all it takes is love and attention and creativity on your part.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:43 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• My son is 14 weeks. At around 2 months I started using the toy bars that go on the carseat. His lights up and plays music, he likes looking at it. He also liked the tummy time mirrors, some of them have lights and music. I think both toys were at Target for less than $10.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 8:03 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• really?
    your baby needs you for development.
    your voice, your facial expressions, your touches and your smells.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:12 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• 2 month old do not need toys. They need to be held and talked to. That is about all.

Answer by louise2 at 8:18 AM on Jul. 25, 2010