when your kids are sick

do you let them play with each other or make them stay in there own seperate spots / rooms untill one or both are better??

do you feel its ok to let sick children get up and play or make them stay in bed?

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 8:24 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well in my case my children have usually been sick together at the same time so I let them play and interact with eachother. They would probably go nuts if they didn't Sometimes no matter how hard you try, if one person in the house gets sick EVERYONE gets sick. I do try and make them rest as much as possible but I have a very rambunctious 3 year old so that doesn't always work out lol But if she is feeling that bad, she doesn't really desire to get up and play
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:32 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I let them do as they feel. If they don;t feel like playing, I let them sleep/rest, watch TV, etc., and when they feel up to it, eat, play, etc. I just offer them lots of alternatives--juice/water, medicine, read them stories, etc..to make them comfortable, but I let them dictate what they feel up to.

If they are truly sick, they won't feel like doing much.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:50 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• If they feel well enough I always let them play and I never even tried to keep my children apart from each other.The germs are already in the house to begin with.Some illnesses there is not a thing you can do to stop it from happening, germs a lot of the times have incubation periods of days or even a week or so....so they have for the most part already been exposed to them.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 8:39 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I let mine play together. I just feel that it would be easier that if the other is going to get sick, lets get it over with and try to have it all at once. (like the old fashioned chicken pox parties I guess)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 8:57 AM on Jul. 25, 2010