Can I work from home?

I was wondering if any of you mom's out there know any legit home based businesses that I could get started in! Also if anyone knows any online writing jobs? I am desprately needing a change in jobs!! I really need something I can do from home because of my children!! Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• Have you looked into becoming a Virtual Assistant? You can Google the term, to find out about national certification and organizations that help for you to establish your OWN business or to team up with existing businesses. VA's are very popular for small to mid-sized companies, who either cannot afford the office space for an assistant, or don't have a constant workload to justify a full-time job--then there is the added cost of insurance and benefits.

Being a VA offers you the flexibility to work whenever it's convenient for you, allows you to keep your skills sharp, and of course, make good money. As with any home-based business, the amount you get paid is directly proportionate to the amount of work you put in--but it sure beats a retail job! LOL

Basically you accept and/or bid on projects that you can handle, and build a reputation or company base from there.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:46 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I am an independent distributor with Scent Sations. Scent Sations is a network marketing company with the option to retail, fundraise or build a team. Take a look around my website and see if it would be something you are interested in doing. www.HomeAtMiaBella.com

I also work part time from home typing appraisals for appraisers and there are several that could probably use the help right now. It is simple data entry once you learn the program. I would suggest contacting the real estate appraisers in your area to see if this would be a possibility. With interest rates being so low they have been swamped with work.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 9:36 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• there are tons of jobs.. check my journal " how i make money from home" and if you want more of a list let me know i have tons more, the ones on my journal are just the ones i do.. also join this group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/30431 they are great ladies!
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 10:51 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I own 2 home based businesses, one is with the company GBG, we offer an awesome 10 in 1 liquid vitamin and your business is always FREE! Great compensation and a great product. Check it out at http://www.shopgbg.com/bbuchanan. Look forward to chatting with you soon and best of luck!
    bbuchanan1985

Answer by bbuchanan1985 at 11:23 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Yes! I have a home based business! It is rated A+ by the BBB and has been trading on the NYSE for over 36 years! It is the only work from home business where you can make a full time income on a part time schedule! For a limited time the business kit is FREE an incredible opportunity. Private Message me I will give you more information :)
    mercilove

Answer by mercilove at 1:24 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• www.scentsy.com/my2scents

Happy to help with any questions or details.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 2:20 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:12 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I have ideas and opportunities listed in my Blog:  Mavi's Home Work

I also always recommend eBay.  It's the quickest and easiest way to earn money.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:26 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I'm not sure what you're looking for, but I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my almost 3 year old son, and 17 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory! WEEKLY PAY! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:34 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I have two work at home business's that I do. 1 is totally free the other cost's $19.95 a month for two websites a free training site no inventory 200 free leads a month and mentors. PM if you would like further details I love what I do for extra money.
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 8:32 AM on Jul. 26, 2010