do you go to open house with your ex

my child is 4 and will be going to Kindergarten me and her father broke up a week ago with her birthday, open house and the start of her baseball games i am not sure what to do do i call him and ask if he is going to this stuff with me or just go by myself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• call and see if he would like to go.just because your not together doesnt mean that he should miss out on thing in her life. if he doesnt want to go then go by yourself.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 9:41 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I agree. I think you should offer to go together and if he doesn't want to go by yourself.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 9:44 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Not in situation but, my divorced mom and dad never went to anything together.
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 9:45 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• You don't have to go TOGETHER, but you both should go, even if you meet there and sit together, or NOT sit together.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:10 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I would. The kid is more important and both parents should be able to go if they want. I think it shows the kid that even though you aren't together, you will both be there for them.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 4:51 PM on Jul. 25, 2010