Max and Ruby

Am I the only one that has noticed it is two small kids (bunny's) with no parents? lol. I know it is just a cartoon it is just something that has always irritated me.

mrsbean08

Asked by mrsbean08 at 10:43 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Entertainment

• YES!! What the heck is that about? My DS loves Max & Ruby & he's 3 & he even asked "where is their Momma & Dadda?" . I rent them too at the library on DVD. This is funny, even the lady at the check out counter at the Library commented "why do they live alone?". I cracked up! We had a whole discussion about it. Yup! I have absolutely no adult life anymore! LOL!!! I couldn't imagine having that conversation before I had my Son! :) Have a great day!!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:49 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• lmao, nope I've wondered that for a while. Where in the world are their parents? I mean the only 'adult' person in almost ever episode is their grandmother. But still.
    lostdarkangel13

Answer by lostdarkangel13 at 10:44 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• this cartoon is discussed on here often lol. I recall seeing some family photo in the background one episode...looks like a possible mom and dad w/ max and ruby. The creators should have thought about that. Same with toot and puddle. They seem like adults because they travel and all, but they seem so childlike as if they are kids.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:48 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• You aren't the only one that's noticed. There's actually a Facebook group who does nothing but talk about that. It's just a cartoon though and kids don't seem to catch on that there are no parents around. However, we have seen one episode where there's a family portrait in the background with Max, Ruby, a man, and a woman.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:55 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• that is what i was think, the grandmother is there sometimes but they are all alone.
    mrsbean08

Comment by mrsbean08 (original poster) at 10:46 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• My husband and I talk about this all the time, I am finding a lot of the shows on Nick Jr, have the same scenario what is up with that?!
    DessC

Answer by DessC at 10:50 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• haha thanks for the telling me about the group. i looked it up just curios and i found this on there

"this off the Nick Jr. website ....interview with Rosemary Wells...

Would you describe for us the relationship between Max and Ruby? How does it work?
    Ruby is seven and Max is three. Their relationship is based on my two kids when they were seven and three. Even though they love each other, Max and Ruby have very different ideas about everything. Max is mischievous and disorganized. Ruby is bossy, determined, and very organized. In each story Max wants one thing and Ruby wants something entirely different.

As in most other classic stories, we don't see Max and Ruby's parents, because I believe that kids resolve their issues and conflicts differently when they are on their own. The television series gives kids a sense about how these two siblings resolve their conflicts in a humorous and entertaining way."
    mrsbean08

Comment by mrsbean08 (original poster) at 11:07 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• but still she could at least show the parents every now and then
    mrsbean08

• That cartoon can annoying sometimes. It's always Max MAx MAx. Ruby is the parent. She's always redirecting Max.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 5:08 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• there was another scenario on there that was kind of funny

Ruby IS Max's mother. Grandma kicked her out when she got pregnant (Roger is the baby daddy) and she is trying to do all she can to get back into grandma's (her mothers) good graces.
    mrsbean08

Comment by mrsbean08 (original poster) at 5:16 PM on Jul. 25, 2010