So i want to help, or at least feel like I'm helping....

I have been wanting to donate my eggs. I know how hard it is to not be able to get pregnant. I watched my mom for years cry about it (she's not my birth mother, she is my step mother just fyi lol). So I was wondering how would I go about that?

***the other question about donating plasma kind of jogged my memory lol ****

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:53 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• wow~that is a neat way to give~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 10:59 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Unsure but here's a bump!
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 11:00 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I know right. and plus they are just sitting in me. dh and I aren't planning on having another for at least 4 to 6 more years. so why not help some one. My aunt also does the surrogate thing I would love to do that as well
    Lovin_mybaby5

Comment by Lovin_mybaby5 (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• It is a process. It isn't like donating blood where you just go and give the right amount each time. You should start by looking up fertility clinics. The good ones will give you basic information up front, not just make promises of how rewarding it is, etc... I was a patient at Colorado Center for Reproductive Medicine. They are always looking for qualified donors.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:09 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Loving Donation (add the .com to get to their site) Great company, their website will outline in detail exactly the process. I was going to do it bc my aunt had a VERY hard time, and it was sad to watch...My husband doesn't like the idea of "my" kids walking around some where, though...
    Live4HerSmile

Answer by Live4HerSmile at 2:19 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• How many children of your own do you have? I think I would maybe want my biological children to know that they had siblings elsewhere in the world. But aren't there rules against contacting families and things of that nature? I feel that any egg that leaves your body is still YOURS even if it comes into the world via a different "tunnel" so to speak. I mean no one really knows how deeply genetic codes are absorbed into our DNA. Other parents may not know how to deal with a little "you". But that can easily go into the argument of whether are personalities are products of genetics or our environment. Who wants that? *LoL* I still think it's a great and noble thing you want to do. Just give some serious thought to how you'll really feel after you know another woman has delivered one of YOUR babies. Good luck :-)
    Dmommy4

Answer by Dmommy4 at 11:31 PM on Jul. 25, 2010