ideas for a first birthday

My daughter's first birthday is on october 17th. I'm starting to think about what to do and where to have it. I have a huge family. Any ideas?

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 10:57 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i know my dd 1st bday is on Sept 12 and I still have no idea what Im going to do for it
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Well I did not go with a character theme. Instead i picked pinks and browns to be the theme. She looks adorable in the colors and it is cheap and easy to afford a bunch of mix matched plates, napkins, streamers, and balloons that are pink or brown. I did not want to assume who she wanted a theme as and it is more exspensive with a character. So I just picked two color schemes she looks adorable in and based it all off of that. Then it is easy to just go to your local party store and pick up the decorations. No special ordering!
    Hope I helped
    -S
    perrones10789

Answer by perrones10789 at 11:02 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• My lil girl adored Blue's Clues. Yes at that age, she loved her and still does just not to that point. So I did a lil blue puppy party. We had a pawprint cake, the large cake was for adults but the lil 'toes' were cupcakes that the kids got. Of course she got her own. We had lots of blue balloons and such. The kids had a ball.

Now yesterday I went to a friends lil girl's 1st bday party. Her nickname is ladybug. So they did her party as a cross between ladybugs and butterflies.

So I would say, get something she likes. And try and circle the party around that. I wouldn't go complete out. I mean she won't remember it. You'll have pics of course. Hope that helped hun.
    lostdarkangel13

Answer by lostdarkangel13 at 11:04 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I was thinking about Kai Lan themed since that's what her theme is in her nursery.
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:05 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• if you have the space I would have a party at your house, it's cheaper to make the food yourself or ask family to bring a dish to pass. Since the party is close to halloween you could have a costume party- i had a friend who did that it was adorable to see the kids in their costumes!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 11:10 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Oh that could be cute. There are lots of animals and stuff. I'm sure she will have a blast.
    lostdarkangel13

Answer by lostdarkangel13 at 11:11 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• my DS bday is oct 22 and his first birthday was halloween theme! all his cousins and friends wore their costumes..
    you could do a princess theme, or tinkerbell,
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:17 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• All these sound great. My house isn't big enough for everyone so maybe I'll rent a hall. The themes are great. Its funny the pink and brown theme was the theme of her shower and its still it in her room. Also I love the costume party idea. I was so happy she born close to halloween for that reason lol.
    samantha21385

Comment by samantha21385 (original poster) at 11:21 AM on Jul. 25, 2010