GET OUT OF MY SHOWER!

Ok this is just going to far. I can't believe some people just shrug stuff like this off.

Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 11:01 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• yes, delilah, and you guys are all about choice, except, well, only when it comes to abortion. Other than that, regulate away.

don't you get it? the very people who are so "pro earth" they want to regulate it us to death about it are the biggest hypocrites. During "Earth Hour", when you are supposed to turn off everything for one hour, Al Gore had his house lit up like the Carnegie Hall at Christmas. exact usages per month
    http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/government/a/al_gore_energy.htm
    Obama shouts from the roof tops that Americans are just going to have to cut back and use less electricity, etc, while keeping the whitehouse at something like 76 degrees, and flying beef halfway around the world to feed to Congress.

If they really believed there was a problem, wouldn't they be leading by example? Con't
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:38 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• how dare they? I'm so sick of these nanny laws. The reality is the average person couldn't afford to purchase, let alone use the type of shower head described there.

The water bill would be astronomical.

I find it pretty funny that it's very likely that members of Congress own and use the type of luxury showerhead that's described here.

Hypocritical bastards.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:17 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Hmm, bad economy, newly enforcing old laws = new revenue from fines. Yup, this is about money. Nothing more.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 11:39 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I'm trying to fing where the outrage is coming from???

_________________________________________________

twenty years ago I was thirteen. No one would have bought these kinds of shower heads either...water was too expensive.
    I'm outraged because they went back and found a convenient law on the books and are just now choosing to enforce it. It's a ridiculous stab at promoting their agenda.

There's a big problem with finding old laws and just resurrecting them surreptitiously.
    Do you know oral sex is illegal in a bunch of states? Let's hope the prude anon running around in relationships never makes office, or they'll be attempting to make sure none of us ever reaches orgasm again.

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:34 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

•  I need to think before I type? That's a trip. Thanks for the laugh.

Are you able to have a conversation without throwing out personal insults?

The law isn't talking about helping people be green. It's forcing people to be green, while the very powers behind it are living literally in the lap of the very luxury they are looking down their noses at. 

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:05 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• So did any of you righteously indignant ladies bother to read the article?

"Manufacturers and retailers say the new rules affect not just upscale systems but also those with hand-held sprays used by the elderly and disabled. Multiple showerheads often found in shower rooms at schools or gyms could also be at risk, manufacturers say. Customers will be disgruntled because of limited product range, they add."

Screw the elderly - they don't need to shower!  Or were you just too busy disagreeing with an evil conservative again to bother reading what you were arguing about?

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:53 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I find it pretty funny that it's very likely that members of Congress own and use the type of luxury showerhead that's described here.

You took the words out of my mouth.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 12:04 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• The People who work for the Government like in the white house and congress, do not have to Regulate.

It just for us little people.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:17 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Salt water, which is abundant on the planet is not the same as fresh water. Desalinization is expensive.

There is nothing wrong with using resources sparingly, no matter what they are-remember those grandchildren that so many like to reference when speaking about the deficit, now conveniently forgotten.

Must we always be gluttons?

Looking to cities to fix the problem? Again, double speak- do you want government fixing all or not?
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:10 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I want you to know, I'm probably the most "green" person you'll ever meet. We recycle, don't use chemicals to clean, grow as much of our own food as we can and then source whatever we can locally. We wait to take the car out till we have four or five things to do, Drive a much smaller vehicle than is actually comfortable, keep the house in the low sixties during the winter and in the high seventies during summer, freecycle, eat in portions to avoid overconsumption,
    dh stops at the grocery store on the way home to avoid using gas to get to the store...I'm a conservative in every sense of the word.

I just don't believe in forced compliance.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:43 PM on Jul. 25, 2010