When's the best time to take the crib bumper off?

My daughter is 6 months old and can roll over back to front and front to back. But at night we use the wedges on either side of her to sleep so she can't really roll over. Should we ditch the bumper? She likes looking at the pictures on it! If not yet, when?

Thanks!

KenzieQsMommy

Asked by KenzieQsMommy at 11:22 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My pedi recommends NO BUMPER ever, but, we use one. DD would get her legs stuck when we took it off... she's 8 months and we still have it on.
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 11:23 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• i never took it out...not until they went to their toddler bed anyway
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:23 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I've heard so many scary things about bumpers!
    KenzieQsMommy

Comment by KenzieQsMommy (original poster) at 11:25 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• We never used the crib bumper that came with the bedding set. I did take pictures of her room all finished with it in there, but once she was home, we took it out. Once she started rolling, I bought a mesh crib bumper at Babies R Us so that she can't get her legs and arms stuck in the slats, but if her face gets against it, she can still breathe.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:18 PM on Jul. 25, 2010