How much does the Tooth Fairy leave at your house?

When she came to our house (my son is 17 now, hence the past tense), she would always leave a cool new tooth brush and some dental floss and the amount of money would depend on how clean the tooth was (to encourage good dental hygiene). After the first lost tooth I caught him brushing it while it was in his hand so I told him that she can tell if it was cleaned the right way or the cheating way. Usually 5 bucks though.

FeelinYummy

Asked by FeelinYummy at 11:23 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Tooth fairy left a $1, new toothbrush and book about taking care of teeth. Books about going to the dentist or taking care of teeth (in case anyone else wants to start the tradition)  http://astore.amazon.com/wwwcjkidzcom3-20?%5Fencoding=UTF8&node=11

momjs

Answer by momjs at 5:50 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• The tooth fairy leaves $1 in my house.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:24 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• 5 bucks is good~I like the floss idea~ OUr tooth fairy sometimes forgets and I have to do a "look, I think it is here in the pillow case" as I slip the mula in the the am~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 11:25 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Wow! I feel totally cheated! I only got a dime, and I'm just 24 yr old... wth?
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• 1 dollar a tooth.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:40 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• The tooth fairy will be leaving about $1 per good tooth, .50 for not so good tooth and nothing for a tooth the dentist had to take out. Our tooth fairy doesn't like teeth that didn't fall out on their own and had to be taken out due to improper brushing. :-) This child brushes and flosses her teeth like mad now!
    When I was a kid, I only got a quarter per tooth. I do remember getting gold paint and painting my silver capped tooth gold when it fell out. I though the tooth fairy would think it was worth more and give me more for it. All I got was a letter saying something like "gold paint ruins a tooth, I don't like to collect ruined teeth". :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:51 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• My dd gets a $1.00 ans we always have put ours in a glass of water on the TV so I have continued to do that. I remember only getting like a quarter though when I was a kid
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 3:20 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• our toothfairy leaves about 1 per tooth except last time with DD b/c it was 2 teeth and she basically pulled it out herself (the new teeth were already coming in and she was resisting pulling the babies out so I explained that the toothfairy gives a bonus for bravery)
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 4:34 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• We don't do a Tooth Fairy here - But they get $5 a tooth from mommy & $20 for the last one...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:05 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• 1 dollar per tooth.
    PaganMomma40

Answer by PaganMomma40 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 25, 2010