What is your opinion, should I be working? I am 6 1/2 months pregn. and having minor complications!

My husband has been laid off for a long time AND the unemployment has stopped. I am a server so I am on my feet for long periods of time. A few years ago I had twins and went into preterm labor. My doctor was able to stop it and had to go on bed rest for the rest of the time. As I am working again being 6+months I am having similar complications. A lot of pain down there, pressure and by the time the shift is over I can barely walk normal. I feel so obligated to work and even though my work said I can sit when I need to, we are just too busy for me to sit down. I have even cut down my shifts, I worked last night and I am so sore this morning. My husband isnt making enough to get by, what is your opinion? Please be tactful!

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 11:24 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Could they move you to a job where you could sit, like hostess or give you a smaller section closer to the kitchen? I would definately have my DH look into other money making opportunities, does he have any skills like light construction or repairs that he could put an ad in Craigslist for his services. You could talk to your boss and see if he knows anyone that is hiring. While I believe that you should take it easy especially if you had complications before and are starting to have them again it won't be healthy for the baby if you are always stressed about money either. Try to encourage you husband to branch into other opportunities and see if you can get an easier job until after the baby is born.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 11:43 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Can you try to work 1/2 shifts? Trade with someone to do it? I'm so sorry you are having these problems!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 11:27 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Have you had any contractions or, just alot of pressure? Are you wearing good shoes and a back brace? Can you take frequent breaks to sit at work?
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 11:26 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• girl, from someone who didn't sit down~sit the hell down! get on food stamps and send dude to get a job of some kind work (mow lawns for 5 bucks...pick up doggie poop 2 bucks a day). there are no "do overs" on the prego dealio...you know what is best...
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 11:34 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• why can't he serve and you be at home? as for your question, i went into labor several times, worked in a factory, and had severe kidney problems and almost died. i worked until i had to go to the hospital on bed rest, if there's a will, there's a way.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:38 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I would discus this with you doctor. It depends on what the complications are and how severe they can become. I had minor complications with my first but I worked 40 a week (miserably) until the day before I had him (10 days late) I begged my doctor to tell me I couldn't work anymore! lol. I really did because bed rest would have been covered by my AFLAC ins. I to was the sole bread winner in our house at the time. You gotta do what you gotta do but the babies safety should come first. Check with you doctor asap. I also agree maybe DH needs to be more open minded about the type of job he is willing to take. He can advertise with flyers for cleaning or simple repair services. He can look into construction clean up jobs or tree removal. Those guys are almost always hiring because nobody wants to do it. I know it sucks. Been there!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:38 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I agree with But mommie discuss it with your doctor.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 5:03 PM on Jul. 25, 2010