Diaper rash

My son has had a diaper rash for about 10 days now. He's only 9 weeks old, so it's so sad. Though it does not seem to hurt him, thankfully. I've tried desitin, buttpaste, mylanta( per the doctor), cornstarch (per my mom) NOTHING seems to help. Any suggestions?

Julians_Momma

Asked by Julians_Momma at 11:38 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son had a bad diaper rash a few months back and i used triple paste. It worked really good, way better than desitin
    kassee

Answer by kassee at 11:43 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• A & D ointment is the best. Seems to make it better over night.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 11:43 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• there are different types of diaper rashes. If my kids had little bumps with the rash I would use female anti-itch cream(over the counter) and it would clear up. If it was more red we'd use a half and half mixture of maalox and aquaphor. Of all the things we've tried....those 2 work the best. I have 4 kids and we use to get some nasty diaper rashes. Good luck
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 11:47 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• My son used to have that and baby pimples. I isolated it to too much milk in my diet. When I cut the dairy out, his skin cleared up. He still got the occasional diaper rash until we switched to gdiapers.
    kberrey

Answer by kberrey at 11:53 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Could it be a yeast rash? If it doesn't go away soon, I think I'd take him to the doc just in case. They can give you diaper rash cream for yeast infections.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 11:54 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• could be yeast instead.

try lotramin AF (buy store brand jock itch cream if you feel odd buying foot cream for his butt, same meds either way)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:04 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• No cornstarch~it feeds a yeast rash like gasoline on fire~Is it a solid rash that is slightly raised (a carpet rash) or more with spots of rash?
    diapers off~dry skin is a must~
    I wash skin with soap and water~rinse really good and then blow dry the skin before diapering...for days until it is all gone and then some~I have nystatin at home for when the carpet rashes begin (yeast) ~ask the MD to call some in~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:06 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• oh and just so you don't think I'm nuts LOL I had a prescription cream but then learned by reading lables that it was the same as the OTC athletes foot/jock it cream
    BTW same thing treats ringworm
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• desitin creamy is not good at all! desitin original is the best!! but if nothing is helping, i would take him back to the doc. GL
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 12:33 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Keep it clean, dry and out in the air. :)
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 12:42 PM on Jul. 25, 2010