Oh I need help on a name my child due SOON! don't let him be John Doe....

I really like the name King, is it too much? many people suggested I compromised and name him Kingston but I don't like it because its too trendy now that Gwen Stefani named her son that. Any middle name suggestions or other unusual proudful names suggestions? Thanks a bunch!

momof4303

Asked by momof4303 at 11:38 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Baby Names

Level 1 (-13 Credits)
  • I like Kingston - I actually considered that - I didn't notice alot of people naming their baby that, but maybe I haven't been paying attention. If you like the name King, then go for it! If you are worried about the tease factor, try out different names with that phonetic sound (or meaning of royalty if that is the attraction).
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:44 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• King? To each his own...but I would never name my child that...no disrespect but that sounds more like a dogs name. Kingston has a much better sound to it.... Your baby though...
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 11:41 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I think it's a bit much. Let's say, for example, your last name is Smith, people would sound like they were addressing royalty when they say your name, King Smith, lol. I'll try to think of some similar name suggestions. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:41 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• sounds like you're set on king, i like kingston better though
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• One thing to do is go to a website for name meanings and do a little research. it will give you a good idea on the meaning of a name and the history too. also, just because a famous person named their child a name doesnt mean its off limits. if you like the name you like it. I bet there is more than one Kingston in this world...names are something everyone has.
    MeekMeek

Answer by MeekMeek at 11:47 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• why would it be our fault if he was named john doe? I think it would be cute, anyway. John Doe has a ring to it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I like General or Sterling for power names...KIng? how about Dome for a middle name...Tut? how about the name of someone who was a king?
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:00 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Kingsley?
    if your set on king I like Kingston much better.

Nolan is Gaellic for Proud
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:03 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• i agree with cassie... i think it would be cute if u used Nolan Kingsley... u still the king in there and Nolan sounds really good with it.
    tiffany0317

Answer by tiffany0317 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• My friends and family suggested Kingston and No I am a single mom, to answer oyour questions. I am just looking for some genuine honest suggestion for my child name if you don't like it then I suggest you don't name your child it. I am open to any and all names and ideas but please be genuine. Thanks for your time.
    momof4303

Comment by momof4303 (original poster) at 12:25 PM on Jul. 25, 2010