Is it irresponsible to let your health go to hell...

and not at least have a will in place so when you screw it all up and end up dying the rest of us dont have to deal with all your loose ends????

Im PISSED OFF at my mother for just letting her health go.... she wont do ANYthing the dr tells her and doesnt even have the decency to make a will.
1) do you agree that this is horribly selfish and irresponsible?
2) do you to have to deal with this crap?
3) do YOU have a will?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Health

• I think it's horrible that you assume she should have to give you anything.

OOps!! I don't think she's saying this at all....It's just that her mother isn't being responsible and taking care of everything she should while she has the chance. If her mother isn't going to care of herself, then the least she can do is take care of things for when she gone. Going through an estate after a death can be quite complicated and a lot of work.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 11:59 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• way~but know where she is coming from~it is her life and she might be done with stuff.
    Just know...the first 20 years or so, you are a kid and growing up..the next 20 years you raise kids....they next 20 years is all you have left~that is it...just that little piece of life left and damn if I am going to be falling apart for it (if I can help it)...
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 11:53 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Well it is up to the individual what and how they want to live..but I can tell you..being unhealthy is not pleasant. I LOVE being healthy and hence why I maintain it because I do not like being sick, tired, emotional instable.

I don't know whether it is irresponsible..maybe but it is really hard and sad to have to watch people around you dying of diseases that are easily prevented through being healthy and living a healthy lifestyle.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 12:09 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I have a will and burial and death insurance.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:53 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• But I also take care of myself and visit the doctor to make sure I am healthy. lol
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:54 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• honestly to me it sounds like your emotions are confused. Like you are upset but it's turning into anger because you don't know how to deal with the sadness.

It depends on the circumstances as to whether or not it is selfish or irresponsible.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Not enough info.Does your mom have an estate? Some people don't. Maybe she wants to die? She could be fed up with life. She sounds depressed to me. If you talked to her Dr. he would probably tell you there isn't much you can do unless she is declared mentally incompetant. Then all kinds of things can be done. I myself do not have a will & neither did my husband. When he passed away everything came to me. Everything we owned was in both our names with rights of survivorship. It was a very simple way of avoiding probate which can take years to settle. I now have what little I own,house,car,etc. set up the same way. Everyone knows who will own what. I would give things & that is what they are,just things,nothing really important,away right now if my kids would take it,but they won't because there is nothing they want. I have friends who have done this & it works. Ask your mom if she will do this. Hope this helps. Good luck!
    zoolady12

Answer by zoolady12 at 12:30 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• sounds like you feel like you have some kind of responsibility for your mom, and you don't. it's her life. if you're worried about her, tell her that. if you're just sick of having to worry about her, stop worrying about her. being pissed like this just makes you a negative person and no one wants that. let it go. good luck xo
    kidnappedbylove

Answer by kidnappedbylove at 1:21 PM on Jul. 25, 2010