Is this labor?

The past 2 days I've had awful back and hip pain and today I'm having cramps that are taking my breath away. They're irregular but the labor pains with my son were irregular. So I'm a little nervous, not sure if Im in labor or not. im due next sunday.

KaylaMarie425

Asked by KaylaMarie425 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm also very lightheaded and dizzy
    KaylaMarie425

Comment by KaylaMarie425 (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Call your Labor & Delivery dept and talk with them. It does sound like labor but call them

Answer by admckenzie at 11:54 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• id call
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Sounds like labor to me. All labors are different. 2 weeks window before and after due date are seen often anyway.
    Time you contractions, you should to the hospital or birthing center if the are regular 10 min. apart. Aldo is water breaks or bleeing present. Good luck!!!
    DrMonica

Answer by DrMonica at 12:04 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I would call. It sounds VERY possible. If nothing else that may want to check you out and see if you are dilating or hook you up and measure your contractions for a few min to see whats up.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:12 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I would say yes ur in labor... i had this with my last but the pains werent as bad. they kept telling me that it was normal when i called in and that i didnt need to come in unless bleeding began or if they because regular. I started to bleed later in the day so i went straight to the hospital.. 20 min drive and when i got there i was 9 centimeters. never once where my pains regular. if not for the bleeding i would have had my baby at home cause my water didnt break until after i got to the hospital.
    tiffany0317

Answer by tiffany0317 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• This close to term any questions you have I would call the nurse. Try reading your baby books and relax.
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 25, 2010