Doctors discourage pregnancy after uterine ablation...I had a uterine ablation in 2007 but saw no change in my cycle as a result...I now wish to conceive...has anyone had a successful pregnancy after a uterine ablation? What difficulties did you face? What should I watch for?

llflowers

Asked by llflowers at 11:49 AM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You didn't see a change in your cycle? What type of ablation did you have? I had HTA and have not had a period since.
    If you're still having normal periods, I would suggest you see an ob and discuss it. Maybe you should have a hysteroscopy to see how much healthy tissue you have there. Realistically, there should not be enough healthy tissue left to carry a successful pregnancy, and it can be very dangerous and life threatening for you and the fetus if the procedure was done correctly.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:42 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Thanks for your response. I too had an HTA but saw no change in my period, ever. I was disappointed in the procedure at the time but now, that gives me a little hope that maybe there is still enough tissue there to sustain a pregnancy. I plan to have a hysteroscopy before I attempt to conceive. I'm hoping that there are others who had an HTA and still (for whatever reason) had enough tissue left for a successful pregnancy. I have four children already so I won't take any unnecessary risks, but I am hopeful...
    llflowers

Comment by llflowers (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• How long ago did you have it? I'm sure that a hysteroscopy will give you a solid answer. Good luck.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:35 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I have no advice but wanted to wish you luck
    DessC

Answer by DessC at 9:35 AM on Jul. 26, 2010