How do I get rid of bugs growing on my tree

I have a willow tree that has bumps on the leaves, my neighbor told me the bumps were some kind of beetle growing on them. How do I safely get rid of them? I would like to stay away from anything dangerous b/c I have 2 young girls and a dog.

tazdvl

Asked by tazdvl at 12:06 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Home & Garden

• call a local nursery or landscaping place for some ideas. If there is one really close take one of the branches over so they can see what you are talking about.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:08 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• good answer elizabr....I like to power spray at stuff with a power hose to see what happens~not so good with the scale so far....
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:10 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Ya, I would stop by a local nursery with pictures and ask them if they know what it might be cuz it might be something that you'll have to call a tree doctor or exterminator to take care of it.
    Carey2006

Answer by Carey2006 at 2:24 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• call lowes or home depot
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 5:23 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Well... I woudl think you would need to identify what kind of bug it is so you know how to get rid of it.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i would call a nursery or the DNR... around here we had beetle infestations and the DNR would advice you of a pet, animal and kid friendly way to save the tree, if it could be saved.
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:02 AM on Jul. 27, 2010