PCOS? adult content

Can you tell me about how you were diagnosed with this.. about the symptoms you experienced and how easy it was to diagnose?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Health

• The first thing that got my doctor's attention was that I hadn't had a period in 9 months and wasn't pregnant. I was also gaining weight despite a healthy diet and good excercise regimen. So she did some blood tests and an ultrasound. The blood tests were for insulin levels, fsh, lh, tsh, cholesterol and the ultrasound was to check for cysts. I didn't have any cysts but the insulin, fsh and lh levels all indicated PCOS. With PCOS insulin levels run very high and fsh and lh (the hormones that make you ovulate) are flipped, one is supposed to be higher than the other and they were the other way around. I think that's what she said about the fsh and lh anyway. It really isn't that hard to diagnose if the doctor looks for it, and isn't that hard to treat. Metformin is most often used and it's pretty easy to tolerate once your body gets used to it.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:36 PM on Jul. 25, 2010