ants

little aunts keep coming in my cats food dish. i put traps down, clean there everyday, moved it over, nothing is working. any suggestions?

rileymommy

Asked by rileymommy at 12:12 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Wow when you find a way to get rid of them let me know as well?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I sprayed outside of my house. I spray every two months--even though the bottle says three, they came back before that.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:17 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I used to have ant problems in our old house too. One year it was sooo bad that they came in from outside and had a path going to a linen closet way inside the house and where all after a left over jelly bean in an easter basket. I think you have to get to the queen ant b/c thats where all the activity is coming from. Maybe an exterminator?
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:23 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• If you want to get rid of them for good, get some Amdro ant granules and sprinkle it where you beleive the ants are coming in at. It may take a day or 2 but you'll never see them again. It's the only thing that I use to get rid of ants.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Find where they are coming in. Believe it or not, I used sidewalk chalk and colored the step at the base of my door and they stopped coming in. There is something in chalk that they avoid. Spray the outside perimeter of the house with ant spray.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 12:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• place your cat's food dish in a bigger bowl with water in it....it creates a barrier & the ants shouldn't cross the water to get in your cat's food.
    Carey2006

Answer by Carey2006 at 2:20 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• put baby powder down, ants dont like it
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 5:21 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• We just got them in our bathrooms. I wish you the best of luck.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 5:53 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• ants normally "won't" cross a chalk line... if you can find where they are getting in you can use chalk to keep them out... i've also heard that cinnamon works as well...

putting the food dish IN a bowl of water seems like the most kid and cat friendly...
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:00 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Cornstarch works. They take it back to their little homes and you won't see them come back. At least I haven't and neither has my brother. =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 6:03 PM on Jul. 27, 2010