My baby doesn't like baby food, but loves to food in teething feeder!

Jace has been eating baby food for 1 month now, if I am lucky he will only take a couple of bites of whatever I give him then he is not interested. However, he is very ready for food... he wants whatever we are eating, he's sitting up, he has teeth, he's doubled his birth weight... etc. etc. When I give him a piece of food inside a mesh teething feeder, he loves it and loves chewing... I think he just doesn't like purees.... is anyone else having this problem?? How can I get him to eat his baby food??

Deanna2426

Asked by Deanna2426 at 12:37 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is he? Maybe adding stuff to it?
    I had the same problem with my daughter. She didn't like the pureed baby food. I just put chunks of real food in with it. Like, banana pieces in her banana baby food, cooked, soft carrots in her carrot baby food, stuff like that. It got her eating the real thing and the baby food.
    But, honestly, we didn't do much baby food. Once she developed more of a liking for the real thing, we kind of phased out the baby stuff.
    Good luck!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:46 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• my sil's little girl was the same way. seemed to not like the texture. she skipped the jars of baby food and went right into "big people food". my sil would just give her whatever they were eating but in very, very small portions, obviously sticking to the softer foods. if he doesn't like it, don't try to force it, just switch over now.
    michellelvs4

Answer by michellelvs4 at 1:04 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• YYou never ever have to give jar food or purees or cereal. Jar food mostly tastes blah and has no texture or interest. Just give him table food. I gave my baby table food from the start beginning at 7 1/2 months when she stole food from my plate and ate it (no tongue thrust, ability to get the food to the mouth, manipulate it with the tongue and swallow it). Just start with easy foods for yu comfort if he is at least 6 months old (avocado, sweet potato, butternut squash, ripe pear, go easy on bannana it can be binding). If he doesn't eat much don't worry about it. Nutrition comes from breastmilk (or formula) since babies just don't digest foods well. My baby has eaten everything from kiwi, to asparagus, to cauliflower, to persimmon, broccoli, blueberries, cherries, peaches, etc etc. You can also visit BabyLed Introduction to Solids
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:26 PM on Jul. 25, 2010