Can having sex while pregnant make you bleed?

mauricellaf

Asked by mauricellaf at 12:50 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It can stimulate the cervix, which can make you have some spotting. The increase in blood flow to your uterus and cervix can increase the chances of spotting. In general, most women don't bleed during sex. But it is definitely possible, and it doesn't mean there's anything wrong. I'd ask your OB about it though, just to be absolutely sure. It's always good to be sure. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:53 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• It never did when I was pregnant. And we were very sexual. Maybe it is something you should mention to your OB.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:52 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• It can
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:52 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• a little bit, sure. We're not talking gobs of blood, but a bit yes.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:53 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• i went to the er for the bleeding they said me and the baby r fine but the only thing i can think of was having sex. its not alot of blood.
    mauricellaf

Comment by mauricellaf (original poster) at 12:56 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• It can but I never had it happen. Sometimes after an exam it can happen my dr says.
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 2:25 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• It happened to me when I was 30 weeks preggo. Right after sex I started bleeding, not a lot, but enough to make me go to the ER. They said it was just caused by veins close to the surface of the skin and to not have sex for a few days, but then I could continue after that like normal.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 3:32 AM on Jul. 26, 2010