Can being constipated and strianing while pregnant make you bleed? adult content

any ideas to not being constipated anymore?

mauricellaf

Asked by mauricellaf at 12:53 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes. I have lots of poop issues :) And sometimes if I have a particularly difficult poo it can tear me and cause bleeding in the tush, but also from all the straining force out some old blood from the front.

Stool softeners are good. Eat lots of fiber. A friend of mine who has colitis has the same kind of issues. She swears by canned peaches and she also drinks the juice from the can. I know it's so frustrating! Also, try and cut out the cheese. I went through a really bad period of difficult poops for about 2 weeks. During that time I was obsessed with string cheese. Once i cut that out, and added stool softeners, I was MUCH better!

Good luck! Poop issues suck!
    cschwanger

Answer by cschwanger at 1:08 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• yes! i also think you need to call your doc tomorrow because you are uneasy!

up your fluid intake, eat lots of fiber.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:56 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• uneasy?? and i have an appt on the 27th which is this tuesday :)
    mauricellaf

Comment by mauricellaf (original poster) at 12:57 PM on Jul. 25, 2010