What's the best way to go about letting my daughter's bangs grow out without them being in her eyes?

She's decided she doesn't want bangs anymore (yay! No more having to trim them every couple weeks!). She loves having her hair up, but only for a little while. Right now, we're just trying to brush them to the side with the rest of her hair, but they still fall in her face.
Anyone have any ideas on how to keep them out of her eyes until they're long enough to put behind her ears or something?
She's a girlie girl, loves hair stuff, but doesn't like keeping anything in for more than a few minutes.
Thanks!

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I've been working on that with my 5yo. We do a lot of little top ponies (more for school, though), various clips & bobby pins, and we tried headbands but her head must be too small or something yet, they don't work! I've also put little braids in her hair that her bangs go into, she'll leave those in for a couple days sometimes.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 1:03 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Bobby pins, clippies. They make head bands with bigger teeth for holding bangs back.. I remember wearing them when I was in grade school.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:07 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Thanks. I like the braid idea. :-) Kyra will only wear a headband for a few minutes, then it's off and trying to do something else. It's alright to continuously redo her hair here at home, but she can't be sitting in kindergarten class in a week and a half redoing her hair!
    So, do you just braid the side part of her hair and put the bangs in with it?
    Kiwismommy19

Comment by Kiwismommy19 (original poster) at 1:06 PM on Jul. 25, 2010