Can someone please tell me why?

Why can't people just ask a general question and others not bash them or read something more than what the person asked? It is truly hard to believe these are grown women sometimes. I believe some people are always on the defense and looking for a reason to be nasty with people. I have said it before and I will say it again... YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE OR EVEN AGREE WITH WHAT SOMEONE SAYS, JUST LEARN TO AGREE TO DISAGREE! If you feel so strongly about what you are saying and feeling what makes you think the other person doesn't feel as strongly about what they think and feel and you getting nasty with them or bashing them is not really helping getting your point across, if anything it turns them off from even listening to your point of view.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• This is one of the problems with the world in general! Everyone forgot "If you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all" and "Do unto others as you'd have done to you" Everyone is so self involved they can't even for one minute consider the person on the other side. This goes everywhere! That guy who sold you that car~ He don't care one bit about the fact that you just used your life savings to buy it or the fact that the engine will probably blow as soon as you drive off. NO! All he cares about is the money you just put in his pocket! IT"S SICKENING!!!

nikk1331

Answer by nikk1331 at 4:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• feel better now? lol
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 4:25 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Here here!
    faile

Answer by faile at 4:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Amen Sista!!!!
    Anonymous

• I don't think that everyone should always be nice and polite. It's unrealistic to suggest this. Sometimes, in order for change to come about, discussions need to be heated. People have different concerns and moods at different times.
    ...Ruth...

Answer by ...Ruth... at 6:33 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Because we're Americans.... We are in Iraq to force our beliefs on them..... We are right and they are wrong..... What if they took over our country and tried to force the religious beliefs on us???? thats is ok to kill in the name of GOD that u will have a special place with him if u do??? America wants to rule.... so did sadaam husein and bin laden .....
    rag33

Answer by rag33 at 7:49 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Sometimes it is difficult to get across the proper tone in email. It can seem cold and rude when if the same words were spoken face to face it may not seem the same.
    maryhelenk

Answer by maryhelenk at 8:55 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• 4:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 by: nikk1331
    This is one of the problems with the world in general! Everyone forgot "If you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all" and "Do unto others as you'd have done to you" Everyone is so self involved they can't even for one minute consider the person on the other side. This goes everywhere! That guy who sold you that car~ He don't care one bit about the fact that you just used your life savings to buy it or the fact that the engine will probably blow as soon as you drive off. NO! All he cares about is the money you just put in his pocket! IT"S SICKENING!!!

Not all car salesman are like this. That is a really bad example. and I agree with mary, sometimes what you write is read in the wrong tone.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Ruth... I don't expect everyone to be nice all the time, but I do expect that someone doesn't instantly start off with nastiness and harshness for the hell of it. I mean geesh what if every time you talked to someone they are cutting down your thoughts and ideas because they feel they are right, and there are no ifs, ands or buts about it? That is ridiculous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:37 AM on Oct. 3, 2008