how to get people to move out of your apt?

i allowed friends (had no place to stay) to come to my house. i told them, 3months, and out, clean up, pay so much for rent. well, big fight, nobody can take trash out but me, just add trash bags to kitchen, is there a way i can get them out now. only been i month(feels like 10yrs)

nana143

Asked by nana143 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Well, if they're not holding up to their end of the agreement, tell them they need to either leave or get with it. Give them a week to pay, clean, and all that. Then tell them if they don't do it and don't keep it up, they're out.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• You need to confront them and tell them to leave. They will not leave if you do not. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:09 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• wow this so sounds like me 2 years ago.... i had two roomates that did the same.... some states u have to evict but some you dont... i would just tell them your landlord said they have to go.... if you rent......and if u own your house tell them to leave or call the cops.... gl
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 1:12 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• They probably don't have a lease... tell them things aren't working out and they need to be out in two weeks. That gives them enough time to find a new place.
    You know the old saying...my home is my castle... that being said, you are the queen...set down the law.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:13 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Don't worry about keeping their friendship but plan what to say so you can stay calm. Usually if you have someone who is not on your lease you put yourself in danger of being evicted! Keep this in mind as you firmly tell your friends to get out. I don't know if you can call some of their friends or family members but don't take any excuses and don't let them know you might get evicted for having them there over two weeks. Good luck, I hope they are civil and just go.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 1:35 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• tell them it's time to go. you don't have to explain. if they refuse, contact your local constable's office and/or the police for advice on what you need to do to protect yourself. or you could just explain that your lease is in jeopardy and you are not comfortable with the arrangement.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• hmmm. this happened to me in my first marriage.. It had a big hand in destroying our relationship. Our place was a mess, there were people there ALL the time... seriously.. I would sometimes wake up to go work, and trip over 5 or six bodies in the floor. It almost destroyed the friendship I had with the girls at the time... You are in a tough spot.. a really tough one.. Either way, its going to be an issue, whether they stay, or you ask them to leave. Try to explain to them that you are tired, and you feel like you are doing all the work.. that they need to help out more, or they will have to find another place.
    jleighbum

Answer by jleighbum at 2:25 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Just tell them it is not working out and you would like them to move out in the next month. Set a move out date.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• pack up their things leave them my the door and change the locks
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• If it's your house, you can make the rules. They aren't holding up their end of the bargain, so they leave.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 5:14 PM on Jul. 25, 2010