Need advice: A millionaire wants to marry me- I'm terrified!

Ok, most of you are asking why wouldn't I want to.
I really do love this man. He is so sweet, calm, polite...& VERY good looking.
Yes, he is wealthy...very wealthy!!!
So, what's my problem? ...ME!
I have already been married 3 times. I am divorced & having a lot of fun dating.
My grown kids, all think that I should have all the fun that I haven't had before.
This man is offering to give me a life that I could only dream of.
I am terrified that "I" can't live up to him, or what he has had.
He had been married to a Professional Model. She left him with a child, & was a partier.
I am very down to earth & "homey". I am very "family" oriented. He said this is what he wants & loves about me .
His child grew up, & died a few yrs ago. Now, he is lonely, & went looking for someone who is well...me. According to him, I am everything that he wants.
I am terrified that I can't handle it all.
Any ideas?

catysnanny

Asked by catysnanny at 1:12 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• it sounds like you just don't want to be married again, so don't do it...continue to date, have fun, if he really is that into you he'll wait until you're ready....if you ever are, your kids are grown so you don't have to worry about them. and there's nothing wrong with just taking your time and seeing where the relationship goes, it doesn't have to be marriage it could be just a cohabitation too
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• What does him being a millionaire have to do with anything? If you love him, marry him and if you don't love him, don't marry him. Really, it's that simple.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 1:14 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• money was nothing to do with love. happiness doesn't come from outer beauty.. maybe he's evolved to a point where he realizes what's important in life. if you aren't ready for this though, don't let the money cloud your judgement.
    kidnappedbylove

Answer by kidnappedbylove at 1:15 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Put the money aside in your mind, and ask yourself "Do I want marry this MAN?". If yes, then do it, and don't let the money be such a big issue. Money isn't that important and you're not marrying his money. He's no better than you because he's rich.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:15 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• well i seen your other post about your daughter and such and the man that you feel like you are "using" ...now think hard about it since you have already been married 3 times and divorced.... are you really wanting to marry this man or are you just wanting the better things in life? Im not trying to be mean but honestly take your time and think about it long and hard.... make sure he is what you want..and not just his money....gl
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 1:18 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Geez~you totally can live up to what he wants~he sounds dreamy. I would weigh the costs of him~is he too needy? does he have skills? how much respect does he give you? can you have your own house? your own room and places for your kids to stay?

The Invitation by Oriah (can he pass, a pice of the poem)
    It doesn’t interest me
    what you do for a living.
    I want to know
    what you ache for
    and if you dare to dream
    of meeting your heart’s longing.

It doesn’t interest me
    how old you are.
    I want to know
    if you will risk
    looking like a fool
    for love
    for your dream
    for the adventure of being alive.
    It doesn’t interest me
    what planets are
    squaring your moon...
    I want to know
    if you have touched
    the centre of your own sorrow
    if you have been opened
    by life’s betrayals
    or have become shrivelled and closed
    from fear of
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:23 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• If you truly love him marry him if you don't love him don't marry him!
    TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 1:21 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• if he is telling you you are what he wants, why would you doubt him? he obviously kept the money thing a secret so he could see if you were the real thing. he obviously could have a different type of chick if that's what he wanted. in any relationship, the key is finding someone who wants you for you. don't let the money scare you. rich people are human too. talk to him about your fears. allow yourself to be happy.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Thank you for your comments.
    I have known him for 5 months now. We talk for hrs everyday.
    I have only recently even learned of his money. "Very recently".
    No, "firsttimemomm603"...I do not think you are being mean....& I did ask for advice & opinions!
    catysnanny

Comment by catysnanny (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Wow! surfcitymom....I love that. Thank you!
    catysnanny

Comment by catysnanny (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Jul. 25, 2010