How do get my 10month old baby girl to stay sleep in her crib at night

she wont stay asleep in her crib. After a bath she will stay asleep for two hours then she'll wake up and I'll put her in my bed and by the time she goes back to sleep, she has slept in my bed the rest of the night

monetda123

Asked by monetda123 at 1:31 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started sleeping my daughter in her crib at 7mths it was hard due to she would sleep for 2hrs and wake up crying because she wanted to sleep with us but I did not give in to her crying since I know their was nothing really wrong with her anyways she now sleep in her own crib I bathe both my daughters around 8:30pm and they are in bed by 9:15pm
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 2:19 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Baths can be stimulationg not relaxing.

I cosleep, and if you are getting sleep, it doen't need fixing.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:34 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• We had the same problem with our daughter. We tried different bedtime routines until we found one that worked... either my husband or me would sit in a chair next to her crib and read to her until she fell asleep, then slip out quietly. It took a while, but it worked.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 1:35 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I have the same issue with my 10 month old too.. I finally got him to sleep in his own bed by letting him CIO. Now I give him a bottle when he wakes up, recover him and he usually goes back to sleep... it's currently a work in progress. Good luck! ^.^
    ExenoRainbow

Answer by ExenoRainbow at 1:36 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Please do not let your baby CIO. the AAP disagrees with that particular method as well sense it has been linked to failure to thrive.

I agree that you have to find a routine that works. Please keep in mind that people do not generally have the ability to self soothe until the age of 3 years old. So, read books, sing a calming song, etc.
    or, as a PP mentioned, ...if you are getting sleep then perhaps it doesn't need to be "fixed".
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:40 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• the first limit you will set is sleep. she is stirring and needs to learn to roll over and go back to sleep. she has the pattern of getting up and resettling with you. "make what you want to happen more fun that what is happening" she is too young kinda to reason with and she will probably be screaming and not hearing words. maybe you make you two resettle on the floor with no blankies for a night or two right by the crib...you need to be in the crib for covers?

I was told it is like us waking up without our pillow or something...we get up and search for it and really can't let it go until we find it. we get angry if we can't find it...but we do want to sleep most and will adapt to sleeping without a pillow if need be.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I found that if I went in the room where my daughters crib was when she woke up in the middle of the night, and I would pat her softly on the tummy of butt and make a shhhhh noise and that would seem to sooth her and she would go back to sleep. It was hard at first b/c I would have to get up 10 times a night, but totally worth it b/c my daughter is 6 months old and sleeps from 8- 6.
    Ktjo7832

Answer by Ktjo7832 at 6:15 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Keep in mind that kids need to learn how to put themselves to sleep. If they can't now, that may cause major problems down the road
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 2:19 PM on Jul. 25, 2010