Do you buy new school clothes?

I was wondering how many of you buy new/used school clothes for the new school year??

lil_Army_Wife05

Asked by lil_Army_Wife05 at 1:47 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in

• Yes, always new.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 1:48 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I go through her clothes, all the dressers and the closet, and pull out everything that is too small. Then, I will buy mostly used, some new, clothes to fill in the gaps. I don't replace everything just because school is starting. I also buy things a little big. So, right now, her t-shirt is a little baggy, yet still cute, but she won't be growing out of it in two months.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:48 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• The kids get a few new outfits and shoes each. I have to give my MIL some credit while on the subject, she loves to take the kids BTS shopping, we've been blessed to have her around to help out. :)
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I also go through their clothes and buy only what is needed (sometimes used, sometimes new). I'll also buy them one or two things that are "it" right now.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 1:50 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I think I will be buying there pants used especially if they are in good conditions.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:51 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I buy his clothes new.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I don't have a big shop. I shop every week and hit the clearance sales. So last year, in late sept, I loaded up on pencils, pens, notebooks, etc in plain colors for pennies.

Now, we'll go through, reassess everything, and get what's needed. Right now it looks like a new pair of sneakers. When gap had jeans on sale for ten dollars a pair, I bought five pairs. When target had leggings on sale for a dollar a piece, well, I cleaned out everything in her size and the next size up. I keep everything in bags in the attic, but I'm looking at getting a shelfing system. If you shop this way, you never have a last minute huge expenditure to worry about.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:53 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I try to start off the school year with the kids having the basics and usually that means going out to buy a few things but not a whole wardrobe. I like to take advantage of the back to school sales when it is something that we will need to buy anyway.
    minasmama6

Answer by minasmama6 at 1:56 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Its the only time my kids get new clothes. I usually can only do about three pairs of pants and some new t-shirts. I'm glad I have boys who could care less.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 2:02 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• i buy my son some new clothes but not many... maybe like some new shirts, jeans and socks... thats about it though
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 2:20 PM on Jul. 25, 2010