Should i reject him because hes WAY too clingy...

A guy that ive met really do like is going to ask me to be his girlfriend. But hes way too clingy, he texts me 24/7 and if he isnt texting me hes iming me or calling oh and if i dont answer a text, he keeps texting me. Lastnight i was giving my daughter a bath and giving her a bottle and putting her to bed, and he called me 43 times... hes a REALLY sweet guy but i need my space. He knows hes really clingy and he tells me he really wants to stop but hes afraid of loosing me. I told him i wouldnt go anywhere on him! His last relationship was ended by the woman because he was too clingy, HELP PLEASE!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• RUN!

He might be a nice guy... but his neurosis is going to drive you INSANE.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:02 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• RUN!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:04 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• 43 times ... reallly sounds more obsessive!!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 3:06 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I agree with the first two. Run and run fast!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:07 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I agree with all of the above answers!!
    lilpunk77

Answer by lilpunk77 at 3:08 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I dated a guy like this, and it started out "oh I was just worried because you didn't answer the phone so I kept calling" and then progressed to "I can't help it, I love you so much that I just want to talk to you all the time and make sure everything's alright." That all sounds sweet, but one night I had gone to bed and he tried calling but my phone was off so he drove across town to my apartment and tried looking in all the windows to see if I was home... he's lucky my neighbors didn't call the cops. I always had to tell him all my plans, where I was going and who I was with and how long it would take, and if I ever went anywhere without him, he was always txting me and calling me constantly. I'd answer at first and remind him where I was, but he'd keep calling every couple of minutes.
    I'd say "I like you, but i need to spend time w/my daughter; i can't handle this. If you don't stop i will leave." Make sure you do it!!
    SAHM_USAF

Answer by SAHM_USAF at 3:12 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• he is too young~RUN~he isn't trying to stop or he can't~both not good. set the limit he can call only some many times a day (twice?) and so many contacts, let him listen to Lady GaGa's song, and ask him to respect your boundaries. See what he does. He might have other boundary issues, may not be able to hold a job, might start using drugs or alcohol to self medicate....ya, character flaw or underdeveloped~you got time for that?
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 3:13 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Sounds like he might be jealous too, I'd be pretty cautious....43 times is a bit obsessive!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 3:15 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Clingy is a nice way of putting it. It sounds more like he is obsessive, and that can only get worse. No one calls a person with in a 1 to 2 hour window 43 times!! I would run and not look back.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 3:33 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I agree to run!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:59 PM on Jul. 25, 2010