Has your child ever scared you?

My daughter just started sleeping in a bed, so in the morning when she wakes up, she comes into my room to wake me. (All the bedrooms are upstairs and there's a gate at the top of the steps, so it's safe)

Anyway, it was only like the 2nd or 3rd morning and she woke me up...I don't remember what she said, but she yelled it and was like 2 inches from my face. I woke up screaming and then dh woke up screaming....lol It was so funny...oddly, my daughter didn't even jump. My scream sounded really funny too...lol

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 3:02 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yeah, on purpose. I heard her calling for me from her room when she was 2, just after getting the toddler bed. I went in there, in the middle of the night, and her room was empty. I was calling for her, checking the lock on the front door, windows, woke my husband up, we were both freaking out and she jumped out from under her bed and screamed "boo". I think we both about had heart attacks!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:04 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Yes, my son hides in the dark and jumps out at me all the time....one of the first times he did it he really scared me and i screamed and punched him in the chest!! I felt terrible, but he scared the crap outta me and it was just my intial reaction..
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 3:09 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• my dd has this quiet come up on you thing..not on purpose at first, but now she knows she can give me a fright!
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 3:08 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• LOL...what a stinker!
    BridgetC140

Comment by BridgetC140 (original poster) at 3:06 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• My kids scare me at night too. When one of them wakes up, they will come into my bedroom and just stand at the side of my bed. LIke that scary movie, I can't remember the name.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 4:21 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Ha..paranormal activity!
    BridgetC140

Comment by BridgetC140 (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Jul. 25, 2010