Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who do i call about mold and violations?

I have been buggin my landlord to replace my bathtub and walls around bathtub for 5 months. Mold keeps growing up my wall and my bathtub is so gross and nasty, its like stuck on mold that wont come off. And i can beat you that the walls around my bathtub have mold growing all the back of them. i live in a mobile home and the walls around the tub are the same as the rest of the house, and the wall has holes in it so water can get through. i have asked my landlord serveral times, and they just keep telling they will look into and still havent done a thing. Who do i need to call and report them to so i can get this problem taken care of. I beat you that all my landlords have something wrong with them, that makes them unsafe to live in. I would move but there is no way i can afford it.

Answer Question

Asked by mybabychunk at 3:48 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Health

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Google your local health department.. it usually goes by state.

    Answer by anestheticsex at 3:51 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

  • You can report them to the health department. However, if the health department declares it unfit to live in, you will have to move out until it gets fixed.

    Answer by mancosmomma at 6:37 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

  • i would move!! Some way somehow. your baby is in danger. Do the have like a business or are they independant? If business call BBB, call housing authority for your area and as everyone else said health dept. Most states have "slum lord" laws.

    Answer by momof319812007 at 9:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.