"Mom. . . Mom. . . MOM!!! Will you wipe my butt?"

My 4 year old is now refusing to wipe his own butt. He has been doing it since he was potty trained 15 months ago. I don't know why he all of a sudden need help.

Any ideas?

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 3:35 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• try getting him those flushable wipes. Maybe he doesn't feel clean and it itches. I could be wrong, but it's worth a try.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 3:48 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• AND... just after I finished typing that answer, my daughter called from the bathroom, "Mommy! Can you wipe my butt?!?" LOL
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 3:45 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• dont know my 5yo does the same thing
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• too funny.."how about you try and I will watch..do you need some coaching skills all of a sudden...you used to do all this just fine and now I get to wipe you? what is up with that? lets go back to you doing it and washing so I get to type with cafe mom answer people"
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 3:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• my 3yo was pulling his pants down and climbing on the toilet ( has ALWAYS refused to pee standing up) but the last couple months he wont he wont even go into the bathroom by himself! I think its normal for kids to regress. I dont know why he wont stand up. His dad deployed 4 months after I finally got him to go into the bathroom, so he doesnt have anyone to show him to stand up.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:40 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• LOL My 3 year old does that too.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 3:41 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• He decided he wants to be a baby again and have you do everything for him.
    Anonymum

Answer by Anonymum at 3:44 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• My one SS went thru a stage where he thought poop was gross and didn't want to risk touching it. After I insisted, we went thru a stage where we used about a half a roll of toilet paper to wipe and clogged the toilet. I miss those days!!!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I think Lynette has a good idea, maybe he feels he is not doing a good job of it.

Answer by older at 4:07 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• tell him thats not in ur job title and he can do it himself! not sure y he doesnt want to do it now?? might of learned it from a friend?? idk!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:38 PM on Jul. 25, 2010