Does your SO help out around the house?

I've been sick this week so I'm behind on the cleaning. I'm trying to get caught back up today. I've been sweeping and mopping and scrubbing. And what has my DH been doing? Watching music videos on YouTube! Not even asking if there is anything he can do to help. And when I do ask him to help me with something, he grumbles, gets up, rushes, then stops half-way through to go back to YouTubing. I just want to smack him right now. I never get a day off or a break and the one time I asked for just a little help? He grumps about it. I'm going back to bed, if he wants the house cleaned the rest of the way, he can do it himself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Yea, you go rest up! And if he complains, tell him where he can find the cleaning supplies.
    My husband thought he could get away with that. But little did he know I don't put up with being sole responsibility in a two parent home. If he wants something done a certain way, which he definately has his things, then he can do it himself. He does not get away with slacking off on what needs to be done around here. Even though he still tries.. but I'm the kind of person who doesn't let that just slide by. You do what you owned up to in the beginning or you can live somewhere else.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:48 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• My DH is very good about helping around the house!
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 3:46 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• My hubby does all the cleaning on the first floor of the house and I do the cleaning upstairs, (3 bedrooms), he does a pretty good job much better than me!!! He also does the up keep of the patio and front of the house, and we have an acre and a quarter of land!!! he is awesome!!!

Answer by older at 3:52 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• My hubby helps out all the time!!
    TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Yes, my husband does just as much around the house as I do. It's "our" home. So we both take responsiblity for it .
    My husband also learned many years ago, that the more he is willing to jump in and lend a hand. The more "free" time I have to spend with him. He also learned that the more he willingly helps out, the less: stressed I was (when our son was younger), the less resentments that would build up, the happier I was, the more appreciated I felt..etc.. Me feeling those things, led me to be a happier woman, which in turn led me to being a happier wife/mother. Me being happier with my life, led me to being happier in my marriage. Which led us to understanding how important it is to work together instead of against one another, in order to have a happy marriage.

My husband is now a firm and true believer in "Happy wife.....Happy life"...
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:00 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• To answer your question- EFF NO HE DOESN'T!!!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:42 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Good for you! Go back to bed. Truly if he wants it clean he will do it himself.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 3:43 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• amen sister!! and no my hubby is still sleeping and its almost 3pm here??? he cant even wash our daughters bottles for me!!! its takes 5 min!! i stopped doing his laundry cuz he complained i was doing wrong! so now its not my fault if he runs out of clothes! feel better soon and dont worry about the house its not worth it!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:43 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• It depends....sometimes he is really good about it, but right now he is in some kind of funk and not doing much. I was really mad at him last night so when he got home from work this morning he let me go back to sleep and I woke up to find he actually unloaded the dishwasher and put breakfast stuff in it and did laundry.
    luvmybaby

Answer by luvmybaby at 3:45 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• sometimes. he will do small stuff like put dirty clothes in the hamper, or put dishes in the dishwasher. he doesn't mop the floors or dust the furniture.....but i've never asked him to help with that stuff either....
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 3:47 PM on Jul. 25, 2010