my daughter will only sleep in her car seat??

ever since my daughter has started teething she will only sleep in her car seat! all u have to do it put her in it and maybe rock it some and she is out!! she used to go to sleep on her own in her crib and sleep all night! y is she only sleeping in the car seat??

Caroline2010

Asked by Caroline2010 at 3:54 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It won't do any harm, my 3rd child took every nap in there (it was somewhere where she was a bit more protected from my other two lol) And if any of them ever have a cold or stuffy nose I would put them to sleep in their carseat, so they could breath better. Maybe since she's teething, her nose is runny so she's able to breath a bit better. : )
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 4:14 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• she wants to be swaddled would be my guess
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 4:00 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• My daughter only slept in her carseat from the time she was 2 months til about 5 months. I let her and that was STUPID because now she still doesn't sleep through the night at she's 13 months old. I was agree with Katie, find another way to swaddle her.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• She may have some acid reflux going on in addition to or in relation to the teething. My son went through a patch of that and would only sleep sitting up for a while. My friend's son had a far more serious problem with it and never slept sleeping flat as an infant (not suggesting your child has a serious problem - they knew long before teething was an issue).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:05 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Maybe it is more comforting being up in the air, rather than laying down. The pressure when laying down may be bothering her.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:11 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• When your mouth hurts lying flat is exceptionally painful. She wants to be semi reclined for that reason. Acid reflux caused pain when flat also. Babies sleep better when not completely flat anyway.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:46 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• hmm so could i slide A thin pillow under the bed sheet to prop her up more? she likes to sleep on her stomach since she learned to roll over!
    Caroline2010

Comment by Caroline2010 (original poster) at 7:16 PM on Jul. 25, 2010