when do u think is the right time to have baby number 2. me and SO already have a 3yr son.

so friends and family tell us that we will know when the time is right, and others say dont wait to long have them while your young, im just afraid that we wont have the money to take care of another child right now, but we want to have another one so our 3rd wont b the only child, i am an only child, and i wish i had brothers and sisters, and i dont want that for my son. so i am up for all advice u ladies can give me, (please not bashing thanks)

mommyT1206

Asked by mommyT1206 at 4:01 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• ours are 5yrs apart but only you will know the right time and women are having babys in their 50s now so dont worry about being too old for your 3rd ours are 10 and 5 and we have toyed around with having #3
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• When the time is right for you. If you are financially, mentally, emotionally, physically ready to handle 2 babes then do it now and if you aren't quiet there yet, I'll wait till you are.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:07 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I think when you son is old enough to voice an opinion on wanting a brother or sister and by that time maybe your financial situation will be better. GL

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• You should not have another child until after you are married.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:15 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• When you're ready.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 4:49 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I think you have to decide for yourselves what you want and not let others sway you for one thing. Hubby and I wanted a second baby right away and everyone thought we were nuts...it took a little longer than we thought it would but they are only 27 months apart. It was great and we discussed a third but hubby wad been laid off and I really likes the idea of a family of four, BUT surprise! Our third boy came 20 months later. I personally like having them all so close, my sil however has no patience so it is a great thing her girls are almost 5 years apart.
    mom2LandL

Answer by mom2LandL at 6:43 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• we are married
    mommyT1206

Comment by mommyT1206 (original poster) at 6:51 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I think everyone just knows for themselves. My son is 4 years old. We know our family is complete. Plus, our son openly voices he does not want siblings.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:37 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• thats cute, that he knows that he doesnt want anyone to be all up in his space lol
    mommyT1206

Comment by mommyT1206 (original poster) at 7:41 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Yea people ask him all the time if he wants brother or sister. He has always said the same thing, " Those do not look fun."
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 25, 2010