I want a pet so bad.

I've always wanted my very own pet. I don't care really what it is, I just want a little animal that loves me. Actually I want a chihuahua puppy but my hubby won't let me. He has a kitty and is going to get a Husky puppy. Is that fair? He said that he doesn't want a yappy dog but I worked at PetSmart as a dog trainer and Pet Care Mgr and have helped a lot of ppl train their "yappy" dogs to quiet down. I just don't understand why I can't have my own animal....

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 4:00 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Pets

• haha being the way i am, if my hubby told me no, but yet wanted his own, id go out and get my own no matter what he says!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:55 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Good luck. It seems the animal isn't the problem, the hubby is! LOL! Try sharing the choice of what puppy to pick. He has to give you a decision in the process too doesn't he? I would go balistic if my hubby just decided he was getting a puppy and I wasn't involved! Isn't it going to be both of yours? Sort of like part of the family?
    MarynmomofColby

Answer by MarynmomofColby at 4:14 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• well i would say that if he already has a cat and you really want a dog of your own either you should decide together what breed of dog to get or both get your own puppy.
    babyspots17

Answer by babyspots17 at 4:33 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• oh heck no!!! Seems like he doesn't value your opinion at all. I would def fix this.
    momof319812007

Answer by momof319812007 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• You really need to do some research and reading before you get a dog... they're not just a "little animal to love you"... they take a lot of energy and attention, and you really do need to spend a lot of time training them.
    Unless of course, you want a little dog who just rides around in your purse and yaps at people and jumps on them (yes, annoying even if they're small) and nips ankles/fingers...
    ChapelleCDH

Answer by ChapelleCDH at 9:33 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• My favorite animal that I have had my entire life (and I've had LOTS of pets) is my dog I have now. She is a dachshund/ yorkie mix and she is all of 5 pounds. She is not a yapper at all, but she is the most affectionate and loving dog! She follows me everywhere! And I mean everywhere, she either sits on my lap when I'm using the bathroom or in my pants that are around my ankles, she sleeps between my legs under the covers at night and loves for me to take her in the car. This is an amazing breed of dog and she is protective over our family members. I would highly recommend a dachshund yorkie mix!!! Your husband should NOT get to pick the animal out by himself, my gosh, if my husband thought he could get away with that he'd be sleeping with the dog on the floor!!
    ConnersMom1204

Answer by ConnersMom1204 at 10:05 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• It seems the animal isn't the problem, the hubby is! LOL! (marynmomofcolby's reply)
    I totally agree!!
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 11:14 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• want to know what i do?? i just go out and get what i want and if my hubby has a problem he just has to deal with it (as far as pets go). who is he to tell you you can't have the type of dog u want. last i checked you are a grown woman capable of making your own choices
    Steffanny

Answer by Steffanny at 1:47 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• do what you want and tell him to get over it.
    wubbunny420

Answer by wubbunny420 at 2:01 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Ok this is to ChapelleCDH. I am fully aware what it takes to take care of a pet. I'm not an idiot. It was my JOB to help people learn how to take care of animals from snakes to chinchillas and from cats to dogs. I've had pets before. Just not "my" pet. Go read up on it? Lol yeah.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 12:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2008