how soon is too soon to look for a job

i graduate spring '11 and i called a couple of places that i wouldnt mind working and asked a few questions like what is needed to get a job there ect. a friend said its too soon for me to looking into that. i have an ideaof where i want to live and what i want as far as a job, so why not put my name out there. what do u think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's never too soon to start asking questions. Maybe a tad too soon to be passing out resumes.
    You can learn a lot about a company by asking things, it lets you get everything in order for when you're serious about the actual job hunt.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:27 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I don't think it's too soon to start asking questions. You should always find ways to get your name out there.
    kangel48446

Answer by kangel48446 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• seriously you will probably start passing out resumes in the next 9 months so i don't think it's too soon to figure out where you wat those resumes to go to. You may hve to do some unpaid internships to get those jobs too so thats something to keep in mind
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 4:42 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I think it's never to soon to ask questions, but I wouldn'y want to get my name out there as the person who asks a lot of questions and isn't even graduating for 10 months. People are busy and want to talk to people when they're ready to acutally commit to something. Who knows what will change between now and then.. So if it's a matter of asking questions to get an idea of things you could be doing now to help your chances of getting a job in 10 months, go for it. If you're actually trying to impress them, I say wait.
    kidnappedbylove

Answer by kidnappedbylove at 4:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• You should be having informational interviews and networking coffees.

The career center at your university can give you more information; if they are not helpful, contact me and I can help guide you.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:31 PM on Jul. 25, 2010