I find this a little scary

I was watching a movie and it was giving statistics and such. It said that for around $25000 a year you can get kidnapping insurance of around a million dollars. I guess to pay ransomes and such if your child were kidnapped. So my first thought was how many people are actually that afraid of their child being held for ransom by someone. My second thought was this just invites people into putting their children in danger just to scam the insurance company and collect the money. Just think about how easy it would be to turn $25000 into $1000000. I would like to think that people are not sick enough to do something like this, but that's actually what the movie was about. Anyway, just wanted to get some other opinions on this.

Quentinsmamma

Asked by Quentinsmamma at 4:33 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• how close to Mexico do you live? if I had a ranchette close to the boarder I might~shit~never heard of that though~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 4:36 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• we pay thousands of dollars in isurance for this already. It's called taxes. You never negotiated with terrorists. I wouldn't want anyone to know i had a kidnapping insurance policy on my kid and i have faith in my parenting skills, and law enforcement. Some things we just can't prevent but i can think of about a billion better ways to spend $250000 it seems to me that would just be putting a target on your kids back anyways
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 4:38 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Were you watching Man On Fire? I think it's crazy and I would hope to never have to come to this but I never would spend that kind of money for that kind of insurance.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Honestly, I'm not sure how comfortable I am getting any type of life insurance on my child...
    EyeofOdin

Answer by EyeofOdin at 4:41 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Yep it was Man on Fire, such a good movie!
    Quentinsmamma

Comment by Quentinsmamma (original poster) at 4:44 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Mexico??
    that's a laugh.
    most children who are kidnapped are kidnapped by their own parents.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:44 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Wow, something to think about.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I couldn't do that. I can't even bring myself to have life insurance on her. I only have medical because going to the doctor is something that HAS to be done. I can't imagine paying that much for something that may or may not happen. I'd rather spend the money on a kickass security system for my house!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• first of all i think that for a ransom kiddnapping you have to be well known for being wealthy. which the average family is not. nobody is dumb enough to take my kid for a ransom as my family makes only around 35000 a year, but if i were a billionaire and known for it i would probably have this kind of insurance because a sick mind would find kiddnapping a child from a wealthy family easy money. but who in their right mind would ever kidnapp their own child to gain the 750000?
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 4:46 PM on Jul. 25, 2010