low amniotic fluid

marlismom1

Asked by marlismom1 at 4:04 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• What's the question?
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:08 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• well, there was really no question here, but I assume you are having a problem with low amniotic fluid. If so, it could be caused by a few things. First, it could be caused by the placenta not working as well as it should. The more common cause is dehydration. Go swimming with an exposed belly, drink a ton of fluid, some people say that drinking a mixture of water and gelatin twice a day really helps. None of these things can hurt, so try them.
    lisafdoula

Answer by lisafdoula at 4:29 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I had the same problem and had to have a c-section but she was only 3 weeks early and thankfully, healthy. They don't know "why" nor is there much you can do. I tried drinking tons of fluid and there was no change. Good luck.
    Elise1968

Answer by Elise1968 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I've had it 4 of my 6 pregnancies. They cant find a reason. I had 2 of my babies a month early because the fluid was pretty much non exsistent & they had stopped growing. The other two I had on time but they were small. My now 3 yr old had plagiocephaly from her head resting against my pelvic bone with no cushion of fluid . All of my kids are healthy and fine today. I was advised to rest, drink fluids. I had to have many ultrasounds and non stress tests. Also once they hospitlized me & put a lot of IV fluid in (just in my arm not ....in there! lol) The only other issue any of my kids had was my last baby had to stay in the hospital a week because she was having breathing and feeding problems from being early.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 5:06 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• BTW, I had all my kids naturally. No c sections. Been induced 4 times.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 5:07 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Drink lots of water! Mine was caused by Trisomy 18, I pray that that isn't the case for you. I would go with the suggestions above about making sure you are drinking enough. If everything else is okay then it shouldn't be a huge problem, just make sure they monitor it
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:33 PM on Oct. 2, 2008