Halloween Color Hairspray................................

Would it be okay to use this on a 3 year old? I can find it online, but it doesn't say what ages it's good for.... I was hoping one of you have used it before...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I would be very careful. Try looking for non-toxic/natural choices. Check out your kitchen and pantry and think about what you could use that doesn't come in an aerosol. I've used colored hairspray on myself and it's not a pleasant experience if some gets in your eyes. Remember that baby and toddler skin is much more sensitive than adult skin. Try a "patch test" on the inside of their wrist and watch it for 24-48 hours so you don't get a big reaction. Or just get a wig!
    JenG

Answer by JenG at 4:45 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I'm not sure if it's safe to use on kids. But be careful what color you use since on some people the color will not wash off. I'm a haircolorist and right after halloween we get people who sparayed the wash out color and it stained their hair. If your child has blonde or light hair be careful.
    happymushrooms

Answer by happymushrooms at 5:03 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I bought some hair color spray from walmart and used it on my three year old. It washed right out and he only wore it for a few hours. I think yours will be fine.
    fbic72

Answer by fbic72 at 6:03 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I used it on my son when he was 13mo. I had to be really careful not to get it in his eyes, but it wasn't that hard. Nothing bad happened. He was and still is fine. He just turned 10.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 6:54 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Yeah, I'll definitely find a non-toxic one.. her hair is strawberry blondish/brownish and I'm going with a medium bright redish color.. so I think it'll be okay. Thanks for the answers!
    Anonymous

• i use it on mine.
    momof319812007

Answer by momof319812007 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 2, 2008