apply for job

I found a job offer, application and as I was filling it out, I noticed one requirement was CPR cert. I am not, so I wondered should I apply and hope they call me, or stop and get my CPR cert and apply? The job application deadline is in a few days! Has anyone just filled an application out and got an interview? Or should I stop altogether, pay for my course in hopes to get an interview?
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• You can get certified in a matter of hours. Just find where the classes are at. take it. I would apply and then hurry today and find out where to take that class and take it asap. i applied for a job where i need a food handlers permit and I didnt have one, they still hired me but asked e to get the permit asap.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:16 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Complete the application and state that you are enrolled in a CPR class (then enroll quickly!) This time of year, the Red Cross offers TONS of classes--as teachers, coaches, and daycare centers are hiring and it's an annual requirement in many professions these days.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:19 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Apply, if they're interested and you go ahead and sign up for the next CPR class, it shows initiative. Just make sure to mention it in interview, etc.
    EyeofOdin

Answer by EyeofOdin at 5:15 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I would apply for the job and sign up for the online CPR class and take it today or before you submit your application, that way you can say that you have your certification- http://www.cprtoday.com/index.php

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:21 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Contact the Red Cross to find a class.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:22 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Do what LoriKeet said.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:26 PM on Jul. 25, 2010