What is you opinion?

What OTHER THAN studies are important in schools? P.E, Music, Art, Library, etc etc what is important to your family?

delilahsmom1177

Asked by delilahsmom1177 at 5:35 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Math because you need math in pretty much every career
    English class because it teaches you the proper way to write and say things.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:37 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I don't see Library as a study... It's just a place with books... But Art, Music, Drama - all very important. It's been proven that students exposed to these things not only learn better but retain more of what they learn. As for PE, I see no point in it, I never took it. But it's the only way some kids get any exercise...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:37 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• All of them but if I had to order them by what I felt most necessary and not to be cut from the budget I guess it would go library, P.E. music and art. I think. lol It's hard to say.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 5:37 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• i would say PE..not only cuz it was my favortie class...but..it helps encourage healthy lifestyles, kids need excersize, i think it should be mandatory for every grade, every day!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 5:40 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• PE lets you get exercise from sitting so much in other classes but does not teach proper eating and diet.

i would agree with math
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:45 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• The schools have recently deleted for the most part the PE programs, and those are very important, there is nothing like a good exercise routine to bring out those good feel endorphins and to learn to make it a lifetime commitment, our society has become technology geared and mostly sit and play video games, or type away in a computer.

Answer by older at 5:47 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• bumped ya!

• being active in clubs..i think it looks good to say you were a member..FHA, School paper, whatever..
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:47 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Art all the way. I consider myself artistic. I like to write, paint and sing. I may not be the best but I had 2 art teachers at 2 different elementary schools tell me I was the worst artist and I was stupid to be different. I don't think art is supposed to all be the same. I encourage my kids to be creative. Maybe I over do it because I don't want them to give up like I did...
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 5:52 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• The first poster I said OTHER than studies and library Sabrina isn't lol it is just something I now my step sons have a special a few times a week. Anyway I think music is the most important. Think about it. You learn your ABC's before school right? It's a song and how a lot(me included) of people remember what comes before what!
    delilahsmom1177

Comment by delilahsmom1177 (original poster) at 5:54 PM on Jul. 25, 2010