My baby wont let me walk out of them room!

I have a beautiful 6 month old baby girl. From the day Ella was born I knew that she was going to be a difficult baby. (She's a screamer) LOL. Here lately though she wont sit and play in her play center, shes not interested in any of her toys NOTHING! If i set her down and have to walk in the kitchen for a moment or just go use the bathroom, as soon as I'm out of her sight she SCREAMS!!! It's Very stressful. Also she wont let anybody besides myself or my husband hold her. I mean NOBODY!! It gets really exhausting because it would be nice to be able to hand her off to someone else for a minute. Has anyone else experienced this? Will she grow out of it. I'm feeling desperate here. Thanks

Ktjo7832

Asked by Ktjo7832 at 6:05 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yep. My son has been the same way. He's now 10 months and still cries most of the time when I walk out of the room, but it has gotten easier. He's really able to pay with toys now, for one...so that helps. Once she's able to crawl she'll be more independent too. She'll be too busy exploring and finding anything and everything she shouldn't have, lol. It'll get easier. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:08 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• sperations anxiety?
    sometimes you really just got to let them cry and eventually they get the point that you will return and your not gone forever
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 6:09 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• every kid goes through it, some at different ages. when mine went through the seperation anxiety, as long as they were fed, changed, not sick, not hurt, ect, and i had to leave the room for a moment, i'd let them cry. babies don't understand that you're still there, they think your just gone. like if you put a blanket over a toy, they don't know it's still there.

a few ideas to help out though. if you take showers with her in the bathroom (my son freaked when i was behind the shower curtain), play peekaboo with her. this gives her some encouragement you're still there. before you leave the room, hide behind the door and play peekaboo 2-3 times, run and do what you gotta do. if she cries for a minute, it's fine. when you come back just do a big "peekaboo!" lol
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:12 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Welcome to the wonderful world if I need mommy :) She is perfectly normal. Plastic doesn't hold a candle to the wonder of you. She isn't difficult, she's just a baby and that how babies roll. I suggest a wrap, sling or mei tai so you can wear hetr and get things one and go about your normal business.

enjoy it. these moments won't last and you will miss them dearly
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 6:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I think this article may really help: WHAT HIGH NEED MEANS - A STORY ABOUT OUR HIGH NEED BABY

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:40 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• It is hard to believe, but this is a good thing; it is a sign of how well bonded the two of you are.

Wear your baby, use a sling or other carrier.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:55 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I suggest a sling also.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 11:23 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• MaggieMom, I have no idea why someone would have given you a thumb down for that link. I think that although her child may not be high needs, it does give a different perspective on infants who seem to need more attention than others. I thank you for that link. =)
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 11:28 PM on Jul. 25, 2010